Arsonist Photography | I first met Christian, founder of Arsonist, when I first met my lovely boyfriend. He was getting his headshots redone and the three of us ventured into East LA to have a photo shoot. I tagged along as a "stylist" - pretending to pick at T's messy hair or fix his shirt collar - when really I was there to flirt with my soon-to-be-boyfriend. That aside, Christian does wonderful work - fresh and clean - while bringing out the most wonderful and unique aspects of his subjects and their portraits.
Lens, NY Times | The photo blog from the New York Times features the most current photo-journalistic ventures. With my apt love for documentary filmmaking comes a similarly keen interest in photo journalism. Both require risk and commitment while never guaranteeing that the moment will actually be captured. The liveliness of the photo journalist is something which I aspire to in staged photographs, whilst the determined beauty that can be had from a staged photograph needs to be seen in the moments that fleet away in front of a war correspondent or photographer hiking through jungle canyons.
http://lens.blogs.nytimes.com/
Pete Souza | I've always had a love of the American presidency. I've often said that I would want to be President only to live in the house and ride on the jet. My ambition is surely for all the wrong reasons, but I've always found a fascination with the rich history, traditions, customs and oddities that have come from the stories of our presidents. I've researched the White House, its builders, its renovations, its rooms and their stories. The homes of presidents, particularly one Th. Jefferson, and have fallen in love with the objects and establishments that have seen the events of our country unfold. My current attachment to this story is through the White House Photographer, Pete Souza. During the Bush years, I hardly saw photos of the President working or living. With this administration and its openness, I have seen things about the day-to-day presidency that I find fascinating and never thought I would have seen.
Troy Paiva | A wonderful photographer who has set out to document Old America by night--the passing fad fading into the oblivion of its own aspiration. Or at least that's what I take from his vibrant, saturated images of broken down cars and ghost towns. Check out the full gallery set here:
http://www.lostamerica.com/

No comments:
Post a Comment