- leave The Adams House at 11:00pm
- six pit stops for coffee (total of $7.23 for six cups)
- three shooting stars
- finding out that country music keeps me more awake than any other genre
- hitting 300 miles at 3:30am, just outside Vegas
- my car's moon shadow on the pavement
- dedicating every crooning cowboy love song to my beau
- remembering a wild morning of under-age gambling at the Virgin River Casino in Mesquite
- 4:11am, Arizona state line
- listening to Thriller and thinking of Erin's dance moves
- 4:33am, Utah state line
- the awesomeness of Beethoven's 7th Symphony with the sunroof open and the stars more brilliant than I ever get in LA
- 6:30am, I-15/I-70 junction
- hitting 500 miles at 6:20am
- running into a gas station and finding that they sell "Extreme Coffee" and wondering if what they really mean is just "espresso"...?
- 8:02am, iPod dies after having gone through 327 songs
- 9:40am, Colorado state line
- 12:00pm, almost give Grandpa a heart attack when I show up unexpected at his front door
- 1:30pm, almost give Mom a heart attack when I show up unexpected at her office
- 883 miles

No comments:
Post a Comment